Metro was employed as the demolition contractor to carry out the topdown demolition in Crawley of the former Virgin Base building.
The Mechanical Demolition journey included;
- Installation of Timber Hoarding
- Noise, Dust, Vibration Environmental Monitoring
- Asbestos Survey & Removal
- PreDemolition Strip Out
- Tree protection installed in accordance with arboriculture requirements
- Mechanical Demolition of existing Virgin building
- Removal of all slabs and associated foundations
- On-site crushing of arisings and stockpile material
- Cut and fill site to agreed formation level in accordance with the engineer’s specification
- Complete demolition works with zero health and safety incidents
- 99%+ recycled materials
- Lay pile mat to engineers’ specification
The project was successfully completed with 2 construction cameras installed on-site that facilitated the monitoring of demolition progress.
Swipe from Left to Right to view the Construction progress from April 2022 to July 2022.