Irish Life Assurance is performing a €8 million renovation of its headquarters, located on the corner of Abbey Street Lower and Gardiner Street Lower, extending through and including Northumberland Square.
The project involves the expansion of the public areas of the Irish Life Centre.
The project includes the relocation of Oisin Kelly’s ‘Chariot of Life’ statue, moving it from the center of the plaza where it was not easily seen from the street to a more visible location in the front of the plaza on a newly constructed water feature.
The company is also creating a new civic center at Northumberland Square, which requires the demolition of the 1913 Salvation Army Hall.
|Client||Irish Life Assurance|
|Architects||Fitzgerald Kavanagh + Associates Architects & Bernard Seymour + Associates, Landscape Architects|